We believe there is one way for man to be saved from sin, and that way is addressed in the Bible. Here is a five step plan for easy remembering and instruction:
- First, an individual must Hear the gospel message. "So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ." (Romans 10:17).
- Secondly, an individual must Believe the life and message of Jesus Christ. "Therefore I say to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am He, you will die in your sins." (John 8:24).
- When someone realizes the pain of Sin, it will drive them to Repent, or turn from, the sins in their life. "I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish." (Luke 13:3).
- Following a change in life, an individual will Confess that Jesus is Lord. The Bible says, "For with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation." (Romans 10:10).
- Following a verbal confession, an individual will desire to be Baptized. Every biblical example of an individual being saved involves baptism. Jesus was baptized. Therefore, in the words of Peter, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." (Acts 2:38).